After taking this course, you will be able to come up with a sensible range of valuations for most businesses so you can better judge which stocks to buy and when to sell.
- 1Lessons on the theory of valuation and why it's often overlooked
- 2Relative valuation and intrinsic valuation explained
- 3How to use valuation tools in practice
- 4The most important (and most misunderstood) building block of valuation
- 5How to calculate enterprise value
- 6The subtleties of valuation like LTV:CAC & balance sheet impacts
Learn value investing's most important skill from Steve Clapham, a veteran analyst with over 30 years of experience (who was also a partner and head of research at two multi-billion hedge funds!)
'How To Value Companies' is your complete education in the theory and practice of valuation.
After taking this course, you'll be able to:
• Pick the right valuation tools for any stock
• Use these to arrive at a range of valuations
• Buy and sell shares at attractive prices
• Learn the pros and cons of every valuation method that matters.
With lifetime access, you can learn at your own pace and go back to the course materials whenever you need to consult them.
And what's even better - there's no risk involved here. If this course doesn’t match your expectations, we'll provide you with a full refund within the first 30 days.
In the course, you're going to learn:
• Why you should never take your stock screener’s data at face value
• A “twisted” method to find cheap stocks
• Why an expensive looking company might actually be dirt cheap
• A quick way to spot overpriced hospitality or retail stocks
• Three situations I always avoid, even if they look cheap
• Why using P/E ratios to invest can be incredibly risky
• How you can find stocks trading for a true price of less than zero
And much, much more.
Steve is the founder of Behind the Balance Sheet. Following a 25-year career as an investment analyst, Steve decided to put that experience to good use and train the next generation (or sometimes the current generation) of investment analysts, private investors, and portfolio managers.
Steve’s experience includes working on the 'sell side' for a number of investment banks, and the 'buy side' as a partner at not one, but two multi-billion dollar firms. He has won awards like the prestigious Starmine Most Accurate Forecaster award, and is still regarded as one of the top forensic analysts around.