Educators will understand the power of data storytelling and learn the skills required to lead shifts in practice that benefit young people.
- 1This course is available to and useful for teachers all around the world who are grappling with how to use data to enhance teaching practice.
- 2It utilizes a range of resources to progress learning throughout the modules.
- 3Interact with and learn from teachers around the world.
- 4Over 8 hours of professional learning completed at your own pace.
- 5Developed by Australia's leading school data expert Dr Selena Fisk.
Teachers everywhere struggle with how to translate student data into actionable insights and shifts in practice that lead to enhanced outcomes for students. This course is the first of its kind, as it breaks down, in very practical terms, the types of data available, how it can be viewed and interpreted, and how data can be used in classrooms and schools. Ultimately, students should benefit from the use of data, and this course puts students at the centre, by ensuring educators focus on the data storytelling that comes with the numbers.
Educators are stepped through four modules:
1. Why data and evidence-informed practice
2. Data literacy
3. Data visualisation
4. Data storytelling
Dr Selena Fisk is a school data coach who is based in Brisbane, Australia. She specializes in evidence-informed practice in schools, and relentlessly advocates for the importance of data storytelling so that students are the ultimate beneficiaries of any data use. In her role as a data coach, Selena works with school-based teams, aspiring leaders, school leaders and system leaders.
Selena comes to this role with 16 years' teaching experience, including leadership roles in student performance, social justice, and curriculum leadership in Australia and in the UK. Her work is deliberately practical in nature, and she has published two books on school data that are published by Solution Tree and Hawker Brownlow Education.