Learn how to tell effective stories with data and add huge amounts of decision-making value to your organization.
- 1Plan and execute high quality data presentations for any audience
- 2Create coherent and memorable data narratives
- 3Learn the fundamentals of descriptive analytics
- 4Build your toolbox of effective visualization design practices
Developed and continually enhanced with the business needs of our learners in mind, this course will teach you critical concepts in data storytelling along with opportunities to apply your new learning through interactive workshop tasks.
In this course, you'll learn how to:
- Connect the four keys of data storytelling (Visuals, Data, Narrative and Audience) to communicate information effectively and persuasively.
- Construct data visualizations that enhance your insights and recommendations through hands-on practice and interactive workshops.
- Create engaging data stories with thoughtfully designed structure and narrative which lead your audience to essential takeaways."
Diedre Downing is an accomplished educator and data visualization keynote presenter, bringing over 15 years of teaching and facilitating experience to the StoryIQ team.
Prior to joining StoryIQ, Diedre led the development of virtual training programs for over 100,000 educators as part of her 14-year tenure at the New York City Department of Education.