Gain confidence in self-promoting your talents on your author website and social media platforms.
- 1What is a platform and do I need one?
- 2How to connect with potential readers
- 3Learn how to create eye-catching images
- 4Why do I need social media?
- 5How do I get started?
Building Your Author Platform, Including Instagram and Facebook For Authors, will answer the question “What is an author platform and do I need one?”
Hint: the answer is (eventually) yes!
• For non-fiction authors, a platform is a must prior to submitting to agents
• For fiction authors, an author platform gets even more important when your agent submits to publishers
• If you’re an indie author, then YES, you ABSOLUTELY need an author platform!
In this course, you’ll learn:
• The basics of social media
• How to get started
• How to expand your audience
• How to create feed-stopping images
Mandy Jackson-Beverly is an author, writing coach, public speaker, and host of The Bookshop Podcast. She worked as a costume designer and stylist for an array of creative dynamos, including photographer Herb Ritts; directors Joel and Ethan Coen, David Fincher, Diane Keaton, and Julien Temple; and music icons David Bowie, Madonna, George Michael, Billy Idol, Tom Petty, and Tina Turner.
She's written blogs for the Huffington Post and is a book reviewer for the New York Journal of Books. Oh, and she's a bibliophile! The Story Hound provides courses for beginner and intermediate writers wanting to learn the fundamentals of the book publishing world, including building an author platform. Mandy is available for one-on-one coaching.
To learn more, go to www.mandyjacksonbeverly.com